June 17, 2023 in Rockville: Electronics Recycling Day – Parke County
Electronics Recycling Day will be held Saturday, June 17 from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. (noon) at Parke County 4-H Fairgrounds. Please do not place electronics (E-waste) items in your trash as they contain toxic materials banned from landfills since 2011. Acceptable electronics include (but not limited to) are computer monitors/towers, laptops, personal size printers/scanners, keyboards, cables, modems, iPad/tablets, stereo systems, MP3 players, DVD/VHS players, CD players, camcorders, fax machines, tabletop copiers, blenders, toasters, telephones, answering machines, gaming systems, cell phones, chargers, and digital cameras. Accepting televisions any size for a cost. Non-accepted items include vacuum cleaners, hair dryers, A/C, large appliances, microwaves, smoke detectors, batteries, chemical, cleaners, fluorescent tubes, furniture, and grills/propane tanks. For more information visit www.westcentralswd.com or call (765) 653-2150 or (800) 211-2750.
West Central Solid Waste District (westcentralswd.com)
- TOX-AWAY DAYS: September 16 @ Parke Co. 4-H Fairgrounds, Rockville (8 – 1)
- Electronics Recycling Days (8-12pm)
- June 17 @ Parke Co. 4-H Fairgrounds, Rockville
- October 7 (tentative) @ Greencastle Middle School
- Yard Waste Site (Greencastle) Open Saturday, April 1-October 30, 2023
*Mondays & Wednesdays 12-6pm; Saturdays 9am-3pm (closed on holidays)
- Residents only. Landscapers, Contractors, and Businesses are prohibited due to limited space.
- Located at 2363 S. Co. Rd. 250 West – on the road to the Putnam Co. Highway Dept just past police firing range
- Fee sheet and other details found under the “Programs Tab” on the West Central Solid Waste District Page
*WCSWD collection sites, recycling centers, and events open to Parke and Putnam County residents